[pydotorg-www] feedburner account

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 03:49:52 CEST 2010

On 4/28/10, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:51 AM, David Goodger <goodger at python.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 16:54, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I just mention the fact that the role of this ML is unclear to general
>>> public and is not described anywhere - http://python.org/community/
>>
>> Sure it is:
>> http://python.org/dev/pydotorg/
>
> I glad you know your bookmarks, but have you tried it this way?
> 1. http://python.org/
> 2. Help Maintain Website
>
> And I'd still insist on making pydotorg-www a primary contact point
> leaving webmaster@ only for security sensitive issues. It looks like
> pydotorg-www is made solely for chatting and its members receive tasks
> from upstream webmasters.

I'm sorry it looks that way, but this is not consistent with my
experience.  I've had (not personal) misunderstandings with the psf
list (another private one); they turned out to be just that -
misunderstandings.  No one has ever tried to give orders or even tried
to have me receive a task.  How could that happen?  I'm a volunteer.

If there's that little trust at the outset, it's going to be hard to
accomplish anything anyway.

 I do not think many will be motivated to
> work in such environment.

You may be right about the perception regarding the way things are set
up.  I for one am willing to take my chances.  It's not like
python-org or the PSF are a cult that takes your money and sends you
to a farm collective to work for no pay.  You can do that from home
;-)

My 2 cents.