[pydotorg-www] project plan

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Fri Apr 23 00:38:21 CEST 2010

On 23/04/2010 00:27, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:

>>> Sorry, can't do that. We would be swamped with spam.
>>>
>> There is a mechanism to avoid spam that might be appropriate here,
>> though it requires some additional infrastructure:
>>
>> - "report an issue" on the website is a webmail form, sending to
>> issues at python.org (which is also available as a direct email contact)
>> - that address goes to an IMAP folder (gmail?) where spam may be
>> filtered and immediate issues resolved without involving the tracker
>> (ie. "I can't figure how to download Python")
>> - messages appropriate for the tracker are moved to a "tracker" IMAP folder
>> - Roundup fetches messages from just the "tracker" IMAP folder
>>
> But that would require regular triage, right?
>
> I don't think we can find volunteers for that. We can't even do triage
> on the bug reports that we do get.

Actually bug report triage is very good now. We have a *few* committed
volunteers who do it (a relatively recent development - in particular
Taggnostr, flox, Haypo, Brian Curtin, David R. Murray and Giampaolo
Rodola - sorry for the IRC handles). They ensure new bug reports are
closed promptly if possible or assigned to the correct person. I don't
recall us ever being in better shape from this perspective.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/