[PyConUK-adm-priv] Cardiff Conference Wireless

Daniele Procida daniele.procida at divio.ch
Thu Jun 9 08:22:11 EDT 2016

Il giorno gio giu 09 2016, alle ore 13:16:46, Cory Benfield <cory at lukasa.co.uk> ha scritto:

> Trust me when I say that if we provide crappy wifi, 50% or more of the social media response to PyCon UK will be about that crappy wifi. At tech conferences, delegates really notice when they can’t get online. And saying that we can tell delegates to bring their own mobile broadband is pretty extreme: in those cases that’s basically going to be amounting to us telling them that we were unwilling to solve a relatively simple problem.

My experience at DjangoCon was that I had no problem with the networking, as far as I recall. However, *other people did*!

It doesn’t matter so much in talks, where people should be paying attention not TwitterFacing, but a workshop where it doesn’t work is painful for everyone involved. And if a speaker needs it, they need it.

Daniele