[PyConAPAC] Forming PSF APAC Working Group and APAC A/C

Liew Beng Keat liew_beng_keat at rp.edu.sg
Fri Jun 12 11:03:11 CEST 2015

Hi Van

On behalf of the APAC group, thank you for making the time and effort to meet with us and speak at the PyCon APAC conference at Taipei this year! So I’m following up with some of the matters we spoke abt.

You suggested that we form a working group under the PSF. Can you advise how specifically is this group formed, how would we engage with the PSF under this group, etc. As much detail as you can provide us would help. And/or if there is someone that we shld liaise with on this, do let us know.

The same applies to the setting up of a working $$ account for APAC. Can you advise what would be the exact ‘operating’ model of such as account. On behalf of the PyCon APAC group, we wld like to have primary “oversight” on the use of the funds but not sure how can this be done though it’s clear the PSF can help us receive as well as disburse these funds.

On the matter of funds or sponsorship, you spoke about regional sponsorships. Let us know also how we can be part of this. Funding is a key success factor for us. Last year, when we met with Jessica McKellar, we sought for opportunities with links that PSF had with companies that were keen to sponsor at APAC. But things didn’t quite work out. We would like to follow-up on this again.

Hoping to hear from you. Again, our thanks for meeting up with us and for the support!

Rgds
Beng Keat

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message. Thank you.