[pycon-za] Bank account

Jonathan Hitchcock jonathan.hitchcock at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:31:27 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Simon Cross
<simon.cross at praekeltfoundation.org> wrote:
> Ruan pointed out to me that we're going to need a bank account to
> sponsorship and registration fees to go into. CTPUG doesn't have one
> currently. If CTPUG is going to get one, we need to get moving on it
> fairly fast.

For ScaleConf, we used LessFuss as a sort of umbrella company - all
money went through their bank account.  They were already set up for
Paypal via FNB for their own payment system, so it worked pretty well.
 Maybe Praekelt could fill this role?

> Anyone know what is required for an organization like CTPUG to get a
> bank account?

I'll find this out for you now as well.