[pycon-za] Official call for speakers

Neil Muller drnlmuller at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:14:14 CEST 2012

On 20 August 2012 15:59, Neil Muller <drnlmuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since the website is now running, and we seem to have settled on a
> final submission deadline, we need to send out a call for speakers
> real soon now (tm).
>
> I'd like to see that sent out no later than Wednesday.
>
> We probably need a quick go-round on the actual text beforehand - I
> expect we can lift a lot of the details from other pycon call for
> speakers and just fill in a few pycon-za specific bits, so that should
> not be too hard to do.

Based of the PyCon Finland Call for proposals
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail//conferences/2012-June/000370.html),
which I think is a nice, compact version, I have currently:

   PyCon ZA 2012 - Call for Speakers

   PyCon ZA will take place October 4-5 in Cape Two, South Africa.
There will be 2
   days of talks, and we will also hold sprints on the 6 and 7th of October.

   We are currently accepting proposals for talks. If you would like to give a
   presentation, please submit you proposal at http://www.za.pycon.org/. The
   deadline for proposals is the 15th of September. Accepted presenters will be
   notified by no later than the 20th of September. The presentation
slots will be
   45 minutes + 10 minutes of discussion at the end. Shared sessions are also
   possible. The language for the presentations should be English.

   If you wish to coordinate a sprint on a specific topic, please
contact team at
   za dot pycon dot org with the details.

   See you in PyCon ZA 2012!

   --
   On behalf of the PyconZA organising committee

Anything editing suggestions?

I don't want to make the final acceptance date too close to the actual
conference - is the 20th September reasonable? We're going to have
accept some talks as they're submitted rather than reviewing stuff
after all the submissions are closed, otherwise we're going to run
into serious timing issues.

--
Neil Muller
drnlmuller at gmail.com

I've got a gmail account. Why haven't I become cool?