[Pycon-se] Initial meeting Tuesday 13/8 20:00 CEST?

George Brocklehurst george at thoughtbot.com
Tue Aug 13 22:48:41 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-09, Fredrik Håård wrote:
> since 14 people have greenlighted 20:00 next Tuesday, I suggest we set
> up a meeting for then.
>
> Will some people be able to share a connection so we can keep it to 10
> connected participants, or should we use something else than Google
> Hangouts (and in that case, what?).
>
> Previously suggested agenda is
>
> A) target size of the conference in attendants (80, 150, 250?)
> B) size of the program - length, number of tracks, tutorials, sprints
> C) budget - number of sponsors, venue, dinner etc

Good to meet some of you this evening. I took notes while we were talking, I
probably didn't capture everything but hopefully this will be useful as a
reminder of what we talked about and give those who weren't there an
impression of what was covered:

* We have the option as running the conference as a stream within JFocus?

* Sponsorship:
    Money for speakers? Most Pycons don't pay speakers, not even keynotes.
    We like clear sponsorship of things (drinks, dinner, keynote, etc.)
    We should gather sponsor info from other conferences.
* Date:
    May: Between Canadian Pycon and Europython
    DjangoCon Europe is also in May
* Focus or theme?
    Something more specific as a draw to a wider group of people.
    Would a theme be a limiting factor for speakers?
    The Swedish communities are large, but there aren't many Swedish people
      at Europython etc.
* Size
    PyconUK was 3 track, 2 day, university venue, ~250 people.
    The Stockholm user group can fill 100 people meetups very quickly
    The meetup group has ~630 members
    Target size ~250 people, but very dependant on the venue
* Program
    2 days? 2 days plus a sprint? Focus on quality.
    Backups, especially for keynote speakers
    Tracks?
* Venue
    Stockholm uni: George to talk to Beatrice at SU
    KTH: Nicolas knows people there
    SUP 46? Mentioned on the mailing list. Only 150 people.
    Church on Skeppsholmen?
    Spotify? Probably too small.
    Theatre ship? 200 people
    Tvålpalasen: Per
    Hyper Island: George will talk to Martina
* Organisation
    Trello board: Tome will set this up
    Need for a non-profit organisation with a board: Fredrik has experience
    Board:
    * Chair
    * Treasurer
    * + 2 others
    Logistics and program co-ordinators (maybe one is also the chair?)
    External accounting help
    Meeting in Stockholm to elect a board
    Weekly progress meetings: 6pm, Tuesday for now
* Website
    We have se.pycon.org and pythonista.se