[Pycon-openspaces] PyCon US Open Spaces Co-Chair

Kaelen Medeiros kaelenmedeiros at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 21:43:04 EST 2019

Hi!

My name is Kaelen Medeiros and I recently registered for PyCon 2019! I’m so excited to be attending, and fortuitously I also saw the tweet about the Open Spaces co-coordinator position.

I’ve helped organize two different conferences in the past, one in tech, including the ChickTech Chicago-led ACT-W conference in 2017. While I’m very involved in R and the R community, as a multi-lingual data science, I’d like to give back to the Python community as well. The PyCon Open Spaces role seemed like a good fit for me. I helped organize a conference in 2011 while in undergrad where I was the hospitality chair, and essentially organized spaces around different LGBTQ identities that is analogous enough to the Open Spaces concept at PyCon that I felt compelled to reach out. I currently answer emails for the R-Ladies Community Slack, and I have enough website updating skills I’m sure I could be useful there as well.

I’d love to be considered as a co-organizer, and can be reached at this email with any questions.

Best,
Kaelen

Kaelen Medeiros
kaelenmedeiros at gmail.com