[Pycon-openspaces] Open Spaces co-chair opportunity

Trey Hunner trey at truthful.technology
Wed Feb 6 23:49:44 EST 2019

Hi Samantha,

Marketing the open spaces to the community is actually one of the things
I'd like to see us improve on again this year.

Like Anna, I'd be happy to chat but am also traveling next week so will
need to wait until February 18. If you'd like to book a time to chat with
me about this, feel free to do so here:
https://calendly.com/treyhunner/book/02-18-2019

Thanks! :)

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 6:59 PM Samantha Yeargin <slyeargin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been to PyCon US before - I attended last year - and am familiar
> with the Open Spaces concept.  I have not yet purchased a ticket to this
> year's conference (repairs on a 60+ year old house have gotten in the way)
> but it is on the agenda for this month.  I had not previously planned
> beyond that but if I had a commitment I would.
>
> –––––––––––––––
> Samantha Yeargin
> m: (615) 210-6072
>

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:40 AM Anna Ossowski <annabell.ossowski at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Samantha,
>>
>> Thank you for your note!
>> I’d be happy to do a call with you to chat about it, however I am fully
>> booked this week and traveling next week so it would have to wait till Feb
>> 18. Maybe Trey has time to get in touch with you a bit sooner.
>>
>> Maybe you can answer a few questions:
>>
>> * Are you planning to attend PyCon US 2019/2020/2021?
>> * Have you been to PyCon US before?
>> * Are you familiar with the Open Spaces concept?
>>
>> Warm regards,
>> Anna
>>
>> ——
>> You are appreciated.
>> You are enough.
>> You matter.
>> You are not alone.
>>

>> On Feb 6, 2019, at 4:36 PM, Samantha Yeargin <slyeargin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I'm a software engineer based in Nashville, TN, working mostly in Python
>> for the last two years at Campaign Monitor (née Emma).  I'm currently the
>> marketing co-chair for PyTennessee and previously had an eight-year career
>> in marketing which included event planning, as well as regular local
>> non-technology volunteering experience that includes event planning.  I'd
>> be interested in talking with y'all further about whether I might be a good
>> fit.  I don't have a full résumé on my work laptop, but my LinkedIn profile
>> is here:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/samanthay/

>> Samantha Yeargin
>> m: (615) 210-6072

Trey Hunner