[Pycon-openspaces] Event tweet idea

Hobson Lane hobsonlane at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:50:02 EST 2016

I agree Anna. Composing thoughtful, timely tweets and replies would
certainly be a big effort. That's way too much.

But what about just checking the board once every 2 hours and buffering (in
tweetdeck) a generic reminder tweet before each openspace? That would be a
big help to attendees and open space hosts. All that's required of us is
that one of us check the board every 2 hours and make sure the next two
hours are reflected in the tweets on tweetdeck. If we rotated board duty
we'd only have to check it once in the morning and once in the afternoon
each. If a card goes up on the board within a couple hours or so before a
new open space is scheduled, I don't think the host or attendees should
expect a reminder tweet to go out.

Your two-board idea is an interesting one, but a two-hour "sliding window"
might do much more to help smooth things out.

--Hobson
(503) 974-6274
gh <https://github.com/hobson/> twtr <https://twitter.com/hobsonlane> li
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/hobsonlane> g+