[Pycon-interest] hotel group rate.

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Dec 19 11:17:27 EST 2002

> OK:
>
> Are there any plans for any group rates any where.
>
> I called  the sales dept at George Washington university inn
> http://www.gwuinn.com .
>
> They said a block of ten rooms could hold until Until feb 28 at 196.00 a
> night. If reservation for the block are not filled by then they will let
> them go.
>
> I have looked on the web and there are several nice hotels around the area
> or close to the blue train line for around 125.00 a night.
>
> That is a much better rate.
>

> That week I understand is "cherry blossom" week. I suppose Washington has
> events year round so I don't know how early reservations typically need to
> be made.

Chris:

Terrific work. Can I ask you to put this info in a "PyConAccommodation" page
in the Wiki? It's waiting for you at

     http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PyConAccommodation

I hadn't realised we were conferring during Cherry Blossom week. That might
put pressure on hptel sapce, but it will give us a local event to tie in
with. Early bookings will probably be advisable.

regards
Bring your musical instrument to PyCon!    http://www.python.org/pycon/