[Pycon-interest] I'm interested.... kinda

Matt Payne Payne at MattPayne.org
Wed Dec 18 15:33:41 EST 2002

This morning I received Steve Holden's email alerting a bunch of people to the
low cost Python conference coming this March.  Thank you Steve!

I'm numb to conferences because they are traditionally priced at the corporate
level.

I had missed previous announcements of http://www.python.org/pycon/... perhaps
my head was in the sand.

Is this the first time a low cost Python conference has been held in the USA?

My main interest in Python is Jython.  The wiki (http://www.python.org/cgi-
bin/moinmoin/PyCon) mentions that others are interested in this as well.  Great!
Perhaps there could be a Jython track?

There's a call for Volunteers on the wiki.   What would the Volunteers do?  I
live in Nebraska.  What might I be able to do?   Are you looking for volunteers
before the conference or to do things during?  Or both?

Is it ok to post talk and paper ideas to the wiki?   To the mailing list?
Only send them into the committee?

--
Matt Payne, Payne@MattPayne.org
                                   \|/