[PyCon-greenroom] Pycon-greenroom post from jn at jonasneubert.com requires approval

Ewa Jodlowska ewa at python.org
Thu May 11 11:53:47 EDT 2017

Hi Jonas,

My responses are below:

table is placed.

- Will audience members in the first row be able to see the demo system or
>> will they sit below the podium or too far away to see? Not super critical,
>> but if they are close enough I can put in some extra effort to make things
>> more visible for them.

You will be on a riser so they will not see other than what your camera
projects.

> - At what time will I be able to move this to the presentation room? I
>> could carry it in just before my talk, but moving it in before the session
>> might be easier.

I suggest bringing it into the ballroom during lunch on Friday. Set it up
and leave it on the 6'x30" table on stage. Right when your talk begins, the
table will be moved up front by the podium.  We will have a power drop for
you.

> - Can I bring this to the convention center on Thursday to unpack and
>> test, and leave there overnight until Friday? If yes, what time should I
>> show up?

Yes, you can do it in the PyCon Speaker Room A109. You can leave it in
there overnight. The room will be open until about 6pm when I leave for the
day. I suggest coming at 4 on Thursday May 18. It is best to store it
across the hall in the PyCon Staff Room A103 as Friday morning the speaker
ready room will be busy with speakers and session staff. I will be in A103
so come see me when you are ready to store it.