[PyAR2] PyAr 2011

Gloria W aagg at comcast.net
Sat May 7 17:18:45 CEST 2011

>     * Has anyone set up a non-profit?  It's something we need to do,
>       but I don't have the time or know-how.  Anyone?

I am setting up a non-profit in the next two weeks. I am forming this to
help me run PyGotham in NYC, where tax-deductible donations are much
easier to come by than non-tax-deductible ones. but another goal I had
was for it to operate as an umbrella org for non-profit fund rasing for
conferences. It will be a 501(c)(3) operating from New Jersey. I am
currently looking into the implications of state tax, if there are any,
for a non-profit registered in one state but operating in another. But I
understand all of the other legal issues, and I have two officers
willing to go in with me.

You are definitely welcome to use it for PyAR. I will let you know when
it's functional and the bank account is ready to receive donations.

Gloria