[PyAR2] pyArkansas Date

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:51:11 CEST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I have contacted Dr. Hu (Chair of the CS Department at UCA) and he has
graciously agreed to host pyArkansas 2009 this fall.  A HUGE part of our
success last year was having UCA get behind us and provide classrooms and
computers for our classes.

I'd like to start thinking about when to schedule the event.  We looked at
it a while ago, but it's time to settle on a Saturday so I can start getting
fund requests send out (start thinkinfg about who you know that might be
able to help out).  My goal is to bring in 4 speakers for morning sessions
and then have presentations and open space in the afternoon.  Chad (Conway
Chamber of Commerce) has offered space at the Chamber for evening
sessions/sprints.

Looking at the UCA football schedule (we have to avoid home game weekends)
shows:

Sat9/19Western KentuckyBowling Green, Ky. 6 p.m.
Sat9/26Glenville StateConway, Ark. 6 p.m.
Sat10/3Missouri S&T (Hall of Fame/Family Day)Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
Sat10/10Northwestern State*Natchitoches, La. 7 p.m.
Sat10/17Stephen F. Austin* (SLC-TV)Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
Sat10/24Nicholls* (Homecoming)Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
Sat10/31Southeastern Louisiana*Hammond, La. 2 p.m.
Sat11/7Texas State* (SLC-TV)Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
Sat11/14Sam Houston State*Huntsville, Texas 2 p.m.
Sat11/21McNeese State*Lake Charles, La. 7 p.m.

We could go later this year (even November?).  What do you think?

More later,

--greg