[PyAR2] PyAR2 Website

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 21:16:18 CEST 2008

OK...we've got something for the beginners to work on, now I'd like
something for some of the rest of us to do.  We need a web site.  If nothing
else, it will give us a web presence to link to.  I'd also like to start
thinking about what we may need for next year's conference.  It would be
great to have a single point to store class notes. links to software, test
files, etc.  It would also be nice to handle registration (especially if
collect a fee) and allow people to order tee shirts, though if we needed to
we could handle that at wearpython.com.

Do any of you have web experience?  I think we ought to build it in on of
the Python frameworks, which has been known to end web sites for other
groups (there's a lot of passion of which framework is "best").  I have a
little Django experience, but if there's someone else with Django,
TurboGears, Pylons, Zope or whatever who wants to lead an effort that would
be OK, too.

So, who do we have?  What do you know?  And what do we want in a web site?

--greg