[PyAR2] What editor/IDE do YOU use??

Chad Cooper Chad_Cooper at SWN.COM
Thu Jan 24 16:29:33 CET 2008

Greg, I quit using Eclipse/PyDev because it was too complex for me, and
a memory hog as well. I've looked at Wing, it looks like its full of
tons of bells and whistles.

Thanks for the input.

chad

________________________________

From: Greg Lindstrom [mailto:gslindstrom at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:08 AM
To: Chad Cooper
Cc: pyar2 at python.org
Subject: Re: [PyAR2] What editor/IDE do YOU use??

Chad,

For most of my work I still use vim.  It's a bit of a pain to learn, but
I started on vi (I really started on edlin; anyone else know what *that*
is??).

I bought the editor from Pythonware named "Wing IDE", but it was too
complex for me (very much like Microsoft developer studio).  They may
have improved the usability, but it was more than I needed.

Lately, I've been using IDLE; the editor that comes bundled with Python,
more and more.  It's pretty simple, but quite useful.  There was a nice
write-up on IDLE in the November, 2007 edition of Python Magazine.

My boss likes UltraEdit which, I believe, one must purchase.

HTH,
--greg