[PyAR2] Meeting on the 26th??

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:42:51 CET 2008

Hello Everyone-

Some of us have discussed meeting up on Saturday, 1/26 in Conway but want to
see if there is interest, first.  This meeting would be more of a social
nature; getting to know who's who in the group, where you are in your Python
proficiency, and what you want out of the group.  If you would be interested
in coming, please respond to the list.  We will meet at the San Fransisco
Bread company in Conway Commons at, say, 11:00 (the time and place are
subject to change).  I am working a gymnastics meet from 7:30-9:30 AM and
6:45-9:45 PM; other than that, I'm free.

If you get a chance, click on over to http://us.pycon.org/2008/about/   for
information on PyCon 2008 (March 14-16 in Chicago), a gathering of over 600
Python enthusiasts with talks on all aspects of Python.  There are tutorials
on Thursday, March 13th for an extra fee.  It's a volunteer run conference,
so the costs are more than reasonable and it's a great way to learn more
about the language (and meet just about everyone who's anyone in the
community).  I'll be going and one of the classes I will attend is how to
run a user group :-).  I hope some of you can go as well.

Also, with the help of fellow PyAR^2 member Chad Files, I'm setting up a web
site to sell Python polo shirts, caps, etc.  Last year at PyCon my wife set
up shop (she runs an embroidery business) and sold a lot of stuff.  After
working with the PSF for over a year, we have been asked to set up an
e-commerce site to sell Python apparel world wide.  The site will be "
wearpython.com" and should be up in the next month or so.  I'm new at web
design, but Chad has assured me that if I use osCommerce I will have no
trouble at all.  We'll see.

So, who else would like to meet up on the 26th?  If there's not enough
interest, we'll wait until after PyCon, but user groups are only as active
as we make them and I'd like to get to work!

--greg