[PyAR2] pyArkansas Classes

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 03:58:41 CEST 2008

Jeff and Bernard,

It looks like we are going to have a good turnout at pyArkansas; we are at
18 attendees already (Jeff, if you are going to bring attendees, please sign
them up on the wiki) and we have to close registration at 100 due to the
physical limitation of the space we have.  I have been back and forth on
things so I want to make sure the two of you are clear on what you will be
doing.  My concern is for the first half of the day; the classes.  It looks
like we will have Noah Gift from the Atlanta Users Group coming as part of
the OReilly Speakers Program to give a class on Python and System
Administration.  This will be an exceptional advanced class.  We really need
a beginners class.  Bernard, you have taught such a class at Georgia State
University?  Jeff, could you lead an "intermediate" class (Python for people
with some knowledge of the language already)?  If not a "python 102" class,
could you cover other intermediate topics?

Nothing is set, yet, so don't worry if this is not what we agreed to (if
it's not, now is the time to clear things up).  Are there other
classes/talks you would like to give?  I think we have the 6 talks covered
in the afternoon, than we'll have then panel wrap-up from 2:30-3:30 where
you can answer questions and show off anything Python you want to show off.
We have lots of stuff to give away as well.

Thanks to both of you for helping out.  Jeff, I'll be getting with you to
finalize travel arrangements.  I'm assuming you will want 2 nights in a
hotel (do you plan on returning to Dallas on Saturday?).

--greg