[PyAR2] Accessing Web Data

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:06:43 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm a bit of a beginner at python, and I'm trying to figure out how to use
python to retrieve webpages, and so far I'm unsuccessful in my attempts to
find any information online.

Basically what I'm wanting to do is write a program
to search google/yahoo/etc. and return the site content so I can then
search it.

I'm sure (at least on linux) I could send a system command to wget the file,
but that would severely limit cross-platform use, and worse I'm sure it's
not very secure.

Any pointers on how to do it or where to find the information would be
appreciated, thanks!
-Wayne

--
To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,