[PSF-Community] Fwd: [pypi-announce] upgrade to pip 20.2 -- plus changes coming in 20.3

Sumana Harihareswara sh at changeset.nyc
Thu Jul 30 16:23:44 EDT 2020

A new release of pip is out. Please see below, upgrade, and let us know
if you or your users start to have trouble. In particular, we need your
feedback on the beta of the new dependency resolver, because we want to
make it the default in the October release.

Please report bugs using this survey:
https://tools.simplysecure.org/survey/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=989272&lang=en
.

And please **spread the word** by pointing to this blog post:
https://blog.python.org/2020/07/upgrade-pip-20-2-changes-20-3.html --
spread the word on Hacker News, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Dev.to,
Telegram, relevant Stack Overflow answers, your favorite Slacks and
Discords, etc. Most of the people this will affect do not keep up with
Python-specific developer news. Help them get the heads-up before
October, and help us get their bug reports.

best,
Sumana Harihareswara, pip project manager