[PSF-Community] Python Language Summit at PyCon US 2020

Mariatta mariatta at python.org
Wed Jan 29 13:17:46 EST 2020

Hi, we're happy to announce that Python Language Summit at PyCon US 2020 is
now accepting signups.

Full details at: https://us.pycon.org/2020/events/languagesummit/

*TL;DR*
When: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 9am–4pm (Note, we’re starting 1 hour
earlier than usual!)
Where: David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Sign up to attend: https://forms.gle/Fg7ayhYTaY75J1r7A (closes Feb 29th,
2020 AoE)
Sign up to discuss a topic: https://forms.gle/g4BXezH1Vcn7tLds5 (closes Feb
29th, 2020 AoE)
You will be notified by (approx) March 7th, 2019

*Who can attend*

We welcome Python core developers, active core contributors to Python and
alternative Python implementations,
and anyone else who has a topic to discuss with core developers.

*Who can propose a discussion topic*

If you have discussion items; seeking consensus; awaiting decision on a
PEP;
needing help with your core dev work; or have specific questions that need
answers from
core developers, please submit a proposal. According to last year’s
feedback, our audience prefer more discussions and shorter talks.

To get an idea of past language summits, you can read past years' coverage:
2019: http://pyfound.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-2019-python-language-summit
.html
2018: https://lwn.net/Articles/754152/
2017: https://lwn.net/Articles/723251/

This year's event will be covered by A. Jesse Jiryu Davis again, and will
be posted on PSF's blog.
<https://us.pycon.org/2020/events/languagesummit/>

Some changes to note this year:
1) We plan to start 1 hour earlier (9AM)
2) The room will have U-shaped table layout

If you have any questions, the Users section
<https://discuss.python.org/c/users> of our Discourse instance is the best
place to ask.
For private communication, write to mariatta at python.org and/or lukasz at
python.org.