[PSF-Community] board candidates: tell me about transparency

Philip James pjj at philipjohnjames.com
Sat May 28 20:54:58 EDT 2016

One thing we could do is publish agendas either in full or in part before the Board meetings. This could give time for members to express opinions and concerns to the Board.

I am not a current Board member, and won't know until Tuesday if I am going to be a Board member, and haven't spoken with any existing Board members to see if this is possible. We might be doing this already, and I'm just not aware of it.

My take on the recent discussion is that many felt blindsided by the decision, and publishing agendas in advance of the meeting might alleviate that concern.