[PSF-Community] STOP THE INTRODUCTIONS

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Tue Sep 22 15:27:39 CEST 2015

Folks,

Since this list is new, let's let everyone express their vision for
in-scope content. I am +1 for continued introductions because I find them
valuable. I am -1 for anyone trying to convince *me* they're not valuable
to *me*. But I tolerate the continued attempts (to convince me they are not
valuable to me), because in the worst case I can unsubscribe or filter.

I will never attempt to convince anyone else what they should feel about
the issue, and long term I'll most likely switch to reading this on GMANE.

Would this list traffic be any less objectionable if it were "real content"
(as dictated by someone's individual's standards)? I suspect "no", and
therefore suggest folks uncomfortable with "introduction content" seek
alternatives as I will do if I'm uncomfortable with "anti-introduction
content".

Alex Clark · http://aclark.net