[PSF-Community] STOP THE INTRODUCTIONS

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 22 12:58:08 CEST 2015

Joshua,

While I appreciate and understand the sentiment behind your email I find it astonishingly unfriendly and unwelcoming, and don’t think this is the way we want to present ourselves to people who may be considering going their local Python community.

The mission of the PSF is to promote the development of the language and the growth on the international Python community. There are already many adequate forums for asking Python questions, and I would remind you this list is called “python-community,” not “python-questions.”

Please, next time you feel the need to post such an email. restrain yourself. Thanks.