[PSF-Community] No more me

Ewa Jodlowska ewa at python.org
Mon Sep 21 20:38:09 CEST 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 9:36 AM, C. Titus Brown <ctbrown at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 04:18:26PM +0100, Alex Kavanagh wrote:
> > > The mailing-list's description does mention that it is an archived,
> > "large audience" list for projects, experiences and OSS. I fail to see
> how
> > introductions from every Python user around the world fit into this. But
> > don't have anything against a separate, high-volume mailing-list were
> these
> > would take place (so long as no one subscribes me to it).
> >
> > I agree.  Please also don't subscribe me to a high-volume mailing-list
> > where people introduce themselves.
>
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to speak to this point about directly being subscribed --
>
> I received an invitation to join the mailing list, and I confirmed.  I was
> not subscribed automatically.  So I think the admins did not do anything
> underhanded or inappropriate, unless they directly subscribed people other
> than me.  (If this did happen, the admins should apologize and do better
> next time.)
>
> Also, Ewa Jodlowska (Director of Operations for PSF) invited introductions
> on
> September 19th, in response to Manuel Kaufmann.  I think engaging directly
> with Ewa or the list moderators to express disapproval would be less
> intrusive then sending e-mails to the entire list.
>
> Personally, I agree with Yarko and Van about being welcoming and either
> digesting or unsubscribing if you can't handle the list volume.

Thank you, Titus. I share the same opinions.

Everyone was sent an invitation. If you received an automatic subscription,
this was done by error, we apologize! If anyone has trouble digesting this
mailing list, please let us know off-list and we will walk you through it.

Again, if you need technical assistance with this mailing list, please
reach out to me directly or to the admins via psf-community-owner at python.org
.