[portland] PyCascades, Jan 22-23, Vancouver BC

Eric Holscher eric at ericholscher.com
Thu Nov 30 11:47:57 EST 2017

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to reach out to everyone to remind y'all that we are having our
first PNW regional Pycon, PyCascades 2018 🍾! It's in beautiful Vancouver
(BC) on Jan 22-23 -- only a ~5 hr drive, ~7hr beautiful train ride, or 1hr
flight away.

We currently have a bunch of lovely Python folks from Seattle & Vancouver,
but not so many from Portland! I'll be there, and would love to see more
folks from PDX attend. It's a really great chance to get to know our
regional community, and I think it will be a lovely event. Check out the
amazing talks (including a py3 retro from Guido!) here:
https://www.pycascades.com/talks/ -- the tickets are also really reasonably
priced, so that shouldn't stop you from coming!

A few more details regarding the available tickets and the charges that
apply:

   -

   We have three types of tickets. If your employer pays for your
   conference, please choose the Corporate ticket to ensure that we can
   support other members of the community with cheaper tickets and financial
   aid.
   -

   Our lovely conference t-shirt will only be available through presale. We
   might not have t-shirts for sale at the conference. So make sure you buy
   your ticket now if you want a wearable souvenir.
   -

   We’ve added a few questions to the ticket sales process that will help
   us gather some more details about our attendees. We aim for dedicating much
   of our sponsorship budget to financial aid. Answering the questions will
   help us in maximising that budget. Be as honest as you feel safe to be, we
   will not share your data with anyone outside the group of organizers.
   -

   We welcome your introductions to prospects for sponsoring PyCascades.
   For example introductions to the right person at your company is a great
   help for our sponsorship sales leads.

Now head over to the tickets page <http://www.pycascades.com/tickets/> and
get yours while they last -- we are 70% sold out already!

Cheers,

Eric

--
Eric Holscher
Co-founder, Read the Docs & Write the Docs