[portland] [JOB] Startup web app developer

Jeff Schwaber freyley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 00:42:43 CET 2014

Hey Pythonistas!

I'm looking to hire a web developer. Come work with a small team on an
early stage startup! If you want to talk more, catch me at the coder's
social tomorrow. I feel it's important to clarify that I'm an engineer, so
you can ask me technical questions too. =)

Jeff

Here's more:

Work with a talented team of engineers across the entire product
development cycle for MobilePaks, a fast-growing, award-winning sales
knowledge and productivity software company. We’re a small team, which
means you can make a big impact. Ideally you’ve worked with the modern web
stack, whether that’s in Django and AngularJS or other reasonable
frameworks. Play the role that fits you best in a welcoming, collaborative
and communicative team. We value and focus our efforts on the success of
our customers, personal responsibility and learning. We do practice
Agile/extreme
programming[1] in short iterations with retrospectives[2] and energized
work[3]. If you’d like to know more about what makes us successful, come
ask us about what we’ve decided in our last few retrospectives and why.

Core skills:

* Web development,

    ideally Django + any frontend framework

    or AngularJS + any backend MVC framework

* Automated unit testing / TDD or equivalent

* Ability to identify and locate bugs and propose solutions

* Willingness to get involved in the whole cycle of engineering, including

    * clarifying new features and understanding the user experience

    * seeking cleaner code and architecture

    * taking security seriously

    * participating in planning and reflection

Our ideal candidate is a strong advocate for continuous improvement in
engineering practice and other areas, and takes an active interest in an
area of deeper expertise that matters to us, e.g., quality, analytics,
mobile, or data science

About Us

MobilePaks employees are building a company that fundamentally changes how
people develop, access and share knowledge in business today. We make
inspiring, easy-to-use products that help people achieve their full
potential. We put the user first in everything we architect, making a clean
break from the past and taking an innovative approach to knowledge support
and sharing. All of us at MobilePaks are passionate about improving
performance, and the science of learning and knowledge retention drives our
philosophy and goals.

How to apply

A resume is optional[4]. What we’d really like to see is a paragraph or two
describing a project you worked on recently from a technical perspective.
You can email me directly, or to careers at mobilepaks.com

1. http://www.jamesshore.com/Agile-Book/

2. http://retrospectivewiki.org/
<http://retrospectivewiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page>