[portland] Looking for wxPython help

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Apr 19 00:33:54 CEST 2014

   It's been about 8 years since I wrote a wxPython app and much has changed
since then. I need to develop a different application now and am looking for
someone local to help me get back up to speed with all the differences.

   One new thing I see is a super() function applied to a
wx.Frame.__init__(), but I cannot find documentation on what it does and
where/how it should be used.

   An immediate problem is positioning a wx.Panel within a wx.Frame; it's
scrunched up in the upper left corner and I haven't found how to get the
panel centered in the frame.

   Coffee, microbrew, lunch, or dinner is offered to someone who'll sit down
with me and help me learn the differences from 2.5.x to the current 3.0.0.0.

Thanks,

Rich