[portland] Presentation night recap, reminders and a new resource to check out

Michelle Rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Wed Sep 11 08:38:52 CEST 2013

Hey all,

Thanks again to Miguel and Justin for two excellent talks tonight.

Here are the Flask resources Miguel mentioned:
Flask posts on his blog (including a tutorial!):
http://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/category/Flask
Sample code from his talk: https://github.com/miguelgrinberg/Flask-Intro

Justin gave a great overview of the Page Object
Pattern<http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/PageObjects>in
Selenium.

Have a talk to share? Let an organizer
know<pdx-python-organizers at googlegroups.com>.
Your community would love to hear from you!

*** Reminders ***
Hack Night this month will NOT be at Urban
Airship<http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/events/131882272/>as their
venue is already booked. We will most likely be at CrowdCompass on
the east side joining forces with Ruby Hack+Help. We will confirm next week
and send another email, as well as updating the Meetup
event<http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/events/131882272/>
.

Django PDX is happening this Thursday at New
Relic<http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/events/138830302/>
.

6th annual Summer Coders' Social is this
Saturday<http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/events/138251182/>
!

*New Resource*
For anyone who works out of PDX coffee shops, check out Darren Buckner's
new site WorkFrom.co which collects information about work-friendly venues
around Portland.

If you have feedback, Darren would love to hear from
you<darren at darrenbuckner.com>.
His two top questions for site improvement feedback are:

   1. Does workfrom.co satifsy any pain points for you; and if so, which
   ones?
   2. Is there information you'd like to see included that is not currently
   included for each location?

See ya next time,
Michelle

Michelle Rowley