[portland] Any interest in a Flask presentation?

Miguel miguelgrinberg50 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 03:39:00 CEST 2013

Hi,

To give you a bit more info, what I was thinking as an "Intro to Flask"
presentation would more or less cover the following topics:

- Brief intro material discussing design, extensions, etc.
- Build a simple single-file "Hello, world" type app
- Add templates
- Add forms and form validation
- Add user session and redirects
- Discuss MVC and how it applies to Flask
- Convert to a scalable multi-file app structure
- Discuss how Blueprints help grow your app even more

Was the previous presentation on Flask more, less or about the same as
the above?

I'm a very hands-on person, by the way. Most of my slides will have code
in them. :)

Regarding the "free promotion for my book" bit, keep in mind that (a)
the book is several months away, and (b) it wouldn't be free if I give
you something (i.e. present to you) in exchange. I wish I could promote
my book, but there won't be book for a while, I have a lot of writing
still to do.

Thanks!

Miguel