[portland] Moving to Portland Area

Jason Champion jchampion at zetacentauri.com
Sat Aug 10 08:45:41 CEST 2013

Hi David,

As someone with 8+ years of experience with wx and 2+ with Qt (in both
Python and C++), I would strongly recommend looking at Qt over wx.
wxPython/wxWidgets is not as robust, consistent, or well-maintained as
Qt and has a lot of cross-platform inconsistencies that become
incredibly frustrating whenever you want to build anything complex or
heavily customized. The OSX and mobile support is also somewhat lacking.

That said, if you ever need any assistance with wx I can probably help out.

"Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt" by Mark Summerfield is a
great book and well worth the (investment|libraryvisit).

Since you asked about meetings/presentations, you probably don't know
about the meetup group.  It's the best place to watch for those:
http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/

Cheers,
Jason