[portland] Dabo Insights, Anyone?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Oct 8 00:18:52 CEST 2011

   I took Robin's excellent advice and installed dabo for my environmental
application. The most comprehensive available document is Paul and Ed's
presentation at last year's PyCon, but it's out of date with the version I
downloaded.

   Following along with the section starting on page 60 on creating an
application from scratch, I get to the point where I should be able to
change the widget type and, when satisfied with the form, click a 'Next'
button. There is no 'Next' button on any of the three open windows and the
instructions for changing widget types doesn't work. Nothing relevant on the
wiki.

   So, I tried subscribing to the dabo users mail list. Twice. Mailman did
not send a confirmation e-mail either time. I sent a message to Ed asking
about how to subscribe since the MLM appears unresponsive.

   In the meantime I'd like to find anyone with experience with dabo who
might point me to more current documentation. If anyone has experience with
dabo or knows if Ed and/or Paul are responsive to e-mails, please let me
know.

TIA,

Rich