[portland] Job posting for skilled Python programmer

James S. Heuer jsheuer at mpss-pdx.com
Wed May 11 21:39:42 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I enjoyed the PUG meeting last night and appreciated the opportunity to
mention the part/full time opening we have coming up for a Python guru.
The details of the opening are listed below from the ad we placed on
Craig's List:

Our company is a small but rapidly growing supplier of logistics and
transportation analysis software in the SaaS space. We maintain a server
farm in Beaverton which feeds transportation analysis to customers
around the U.S. Our services are mission critical for our customers --
reliability is critical. Our growth and the need to expand the
capabilities of our products requires the support of one or more
talented part-time (possibly evolving into full time) programmers with
the following skill sets:

- Python 2.6/2.7 scripting at an advanced level
- Javascript, including use of one or more standard libraries like
MooTools and/or jQuery
- Experience with JSON and AJAX
- Python Win32 extensions including interoperability with COM
- Database access using ODBC or equivalent
- One or more languages compiling to machine language EXEs and DLLs,
like C, C++, or PowerBasic (other than .NET)
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, and CSS and the use of templating
languages to create HTML pages in Web applications
- Windows 32 and 64-bit development environment

In addition to the above core set of competencies, one or more of the
following would be a plus:
- Experience with Visual FoxPro or other xBase language (a big plus)
- Experience with WestWind Technologies' Web Connection platform
- In-depth knowledge of the C language and the Portland Compiler Group's
high performance computing C extensions
- Experience with one or more version control platforms
- Experience in collaborating with small teams of programmers under
conditions of intense schedule pressure
- Experience with Linux

Our offices are in NE Portland and Bend, OR, but work on-site is not
required nor even expected beyond periodic scheduled meetings in NE
Portland. You will be expected to have your own computer(s) and
development tool kit except for such licensed applications that we
require you to install on your development computer and which we will
provide.

References will be required and will be checked thoroughly. In addition
we require the signing of a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement
prior to the start of any work.

    * Location: NE Portland
    * Compensation: $40 to $60 per hour depending on experience
    * Telecommuting is ok.
    * This is a part-time job.
    * This is a contract job.
    * Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    * Please, no phone calls about this job!
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
      commercial interests.

If you are interested please send a resume to recruiter at mpss-pdx.com

Regards,
Jim Heuer