[portland] Tkinter Question

sean marcia sean_marcia at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 07:04:54 CET 2011

Hey Pythonistas,

I have a couple questions that I am hoping for some help/advice on.

I am in the process of coding up a small voting app for a professor of mine. The
app, when completed, will send the students some info which they will vote on.
So for example, the student will see something like "You are a member of the
Triangle party. You received advertising from the Circle party. Who do you wish
to vote for? Circle, Triangle, Abstain." The admin app which the professor will
use will set the number of iterations for the voting game, the chance of getting
advertising, etc.

So my first question has to do with tkinter which I am using to build the gui.
Is it possible to adjust the size of input boxes in tkinter?

Second, I am planning on using xmlrpc for communication. Is this best/easiest?

I haven't done a lot of gui or networking using python so any advice on the
easiest and fastest way would be appreciated especially since I am doing this
for free :)

Thanks in advance!

Happiness,
Sean