[portland] Cubespace to close unless buyer found...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat May 23 03:55:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009 16:20:54 -0700, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I put my own spin on it in my blog (feel free to ignore), but if you
>> click through on "real estate issue" you'll get a first person account
>> from CS management.
>>
>> http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2009/05/usb-to-kill-cubespace.html
>>
>> Just when Portland was about to unleash a "FOSS Renaissance" eh?
>>
>> Leave it to imaginative (not!) middle managers to misread the tea leaves.
>
> You either pay the bills or you don't. It is really that simple.
> Is it unfortunate that they are going down? Of course. It doesn't change
> the reality.

Still kind of ironic, given coworker movement is gallivanting across
the nation, e.g. NYT:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/17/jobs/17pre.html?_r=1&8dpc)?

> Besides you could always just use the local library.

Yeah, I do that too, lost a book on Pascal's Triangle though, so I'm
afraid to go.

PPUG leadership needs to find new digs soon maybe.  Belmont branch has
a meeting room.

Kirby