[portland] Portland World Plone Day tonight

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 01:47:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:28 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I think I'll check this out, enroute to the Admirers for
> Javascript meeting.  Thanks for the heads up.
>
> I met up with Alan Runyan again at Pycon.  He drove up for a Plone

Sorry, meant to say "I drove up..."

Alan mighta flown, I don't really know (he gets around, based in
Texas, hails from New Orleans originally).  Here's a link to his
company profile:

http://www.enfoldsystems.com/about/management.html

(Enfold, Enthought, both Texas... any more Texas Ens?  oh yeah, just
though of one, less successful, maybe not enough Python (grin)).

Also, meant to mention I was yakking about Python for a GIS conference
yesterday, the one I've been advertising via my motd @
osgarden.appspot.com (need a new motd -- switch focus back to OS
Bridge maybe).

You can read my write-up my GIS in Action talk (and take in some
Photostream) from this blog entry FYI:

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2009/04/gis-2009.html

I was happy to finally meet up with Tim Welch of Ecotrust, and to get
patched in to OSGIS meeting times, not at Cubespace, but same idea.

http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/twelch  (hey, I do scuba too, NAUI
certified, though I'm rusty...)

I'm hoping to get more public school teachers interested in staffing
GIS shops inside the schools themselves, starting with Benson maybe?
They have that polytechnical reputation....

Here's a link I just learned about, probably old hat to some of ya:

http://gislounge.com/

This "geocaching for Bin Laden" game looks like a fun way to satisfy
our more hawkish parents (yes, we have some in Portland):

http://gislounge.com/pinpointing-bin-laden/

I'll see some of you tonight maybe,

Kirby