[Persistence-sig] Announcing this SIG

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:23:01 -0400

I don't think this SIG was ever announced on the python-announce list
(I searched the May, June and July archives for postings with
"persist" in their subject, and found none).

I think it should, to make sure we reach enough people with possible
interest in the subject.  We've only got about 50 subscribers now.
The meta-sig is a pretty small audience to announce a SIG, and I don't
know where else it's been announced apart from some Zope forum.

I'd be happy to post the original SIG announcement with a preface (to
stress the SIG's scope limitations).