[Pandas-dev] PDEPs: pandas enhancement proposals

Joris Van den Bossche jorisvandenbossche at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:04:36 EDT 2022

Thanks for starting this proposal, Marc!

I have already been doing this in some ad-hoc way with eg the Copy/View
proposal (writing an actual proposal document), so I am very much in favor
of formalizing this a bit more.

Personally, I would prefer that we use a more dedicated home for this
instead of using the existing pandas repo (e.g. a separate repo in the
pandas-dev org). The main pandas repo has nowadays such a high volume in
issue and PR comments, that it becomes difficult to follow this or notice
specific issues. While there are certainly ways to deal with this (e.g.
consistently using a specific label and title, ensuring we always notify
the mailing list as well, ...), IMO it would make it more accessible to
follow and have an overview of those discussions in e.g. a separate repo.

(there are examples of both in other projects, for example scikit-learn has
a separate repo, while bumpy uses the main repo I think)

Joris