[Pandas-dev] Retention of pandas nightly builds

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:23:07 EDT 2022

If you use unique names for each upload it makes it possible for someone
who wants to keep a longer running log to do so.  It also lets people be
able to do a little bit of bisecting if something breaks.

There is progress in
https://discuss.scientific-python.org/t/interest-in-github-action-for-scipy-wheels-nightly-uploads-and-removals/397
on developing a GHA to take care of the clean up.

Tom

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 12:02 AM Marc Garcia <garcia.marc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Seems like at the moment we're keeping all history of pandas nightly
> wheels at https://anaconda.org/scipy-wheels-nightly and they are using
> around 100 Gb  storage.
>
> Other projects are in general keeping the last 5 days of builds, or in
> some cases like scikit-learn they just keep the last.
>
> I assume there is no reason to keep all history more than not having an
> automated way to delete old wheels yet. And I personally can't think of a
> use case to need more than the last build, so if we add a CI job to delete
> old wheels, my preference would be to just keep overwritting the same
> files, which I think makes things simpler for us and for users. But maybe
> other people do have use cases for keeping the last few days of wheels.
>
> Does anyone have the need for something like a 5 days retention of nightly
> pandas wheels? We'll start removing old wheels in couple of days, or once
> the discussion here has a conclusion.
>
> Cheers!

Thomas Caswell
tcaswell at gmail.com