[Pandas-dev] Tidelift

Andy Ray Terrel andy.terrel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 10:56:04 EDT 2019

While the original lifter agreement was an individual contract, in our
negotiations with Tidelift, NumFOCUS has explicitly sought a model that
allows the project to split the money how they prefer. This was always
Tidelift's intention, it was just faster and easier to scale to focus on
paying individuals.

I do like the idea of paying for maintence work, I would recommend we set
up folks as contractors with NumFOCUS rather than just pocketing money. It
will give a lot more legal protection. Then if some folks don't want to
take the cash you they can donate their time and be recognized as in-kind
donations, which might have some tax deductions.

It is something I would volunteer to help manage in order to learn how
other projects might use the same techniques.

-- Andy