[Pandas-dev] Label and Milestone cleanup

Tom Augspurger tom.augspurger88 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 09:22:32 EST 2017

We ran out of time to discuss this in the dev meeting. I want to clean up
our Github labels and milestones.

## Milestones

I would like to have 4 real milestones:

1. "Next Major Release" for API breaking changes that we'd like to do
eventually
2. "Next Release" For bugfix / non-API breaking changes that we'd like to
do eventually
3. "0.22.0" (i.e. the actual next major release) for PRs that should go
into a specific release
4. "0.21.1" (i.e. the actual next minor release) for PRs that should go
into a specific release

The main change is the "Next Release", which I hope will clear up confusion
about what file the release notes should go in. I think we can remove
"Interesting Issues", remove "High Level Issue Tracking", and move "won't
fix" into "No action".  I'm not sure about "1.0" and "2.0" and "Someday",
but maybe consolidate those.

## Labels

I would like to

- Start tagging "Easy" issues with "good first issue". Github gives some
prominence to this tag in their UI.
- Remove some of the less frequently used issues like "Closed PR, Multi
Dimensional, etc."
- Start using the "Needs Info" tag more often for incomplete bug reports,
and regularly close issues that have been tagged as "Needs Info" and not
updated in more that a couple weeks.

Thoughts? Objections?

Tom