[Pandas-dev] Setuptools detection of host cpuinfo and/or header file availablity

Stephen Lin swlin at post.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 27 01:14:51 CEST 2013

> icc can automatically bloat the binary with parallel paths and choose at
> runtime like you describe IIRC.

Also, yeah, I've heard that it does that, but I don't trust a compiler
to do this optimally :D how could it know where to place the check
optimally? You don't want to do redundant checks within tight loops
but you also don't want to create too many parallel code paths;
there's also ABI/linking issues if it duplicates entire functions...

Stephen