[Pandas-dev] Setuptools detection of host cpuinfo and/or header file availablity

yoval p. yoval at gmx.com
Sat Apr 27 00:16:08 CEST 2013

Hi stephen,

Nothing I know of that you can't google just as well as me or better.
There's PyCPUID, which explicitly reports SSEx support, you could
document it in the README and use it if it's available at build time.

By "including intrinsics" do you mean setting compiler optimization
flags that preclude older cpus from the binary ? or are you planning to
embed asm in the cython files? I wouldn't put it past you.

icc can automatically bloat the binary with parallel paths and choose at
runtime like you describe IIRC.

Yoval