[Overload-sig] Experimenting on real-world groups with potential solutions

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jun 27 11:37:26 EDT 2016

Let me summarize what I think you're saying: "instead of having
emotions flare we should have redirected the discussion to the issue
tracker requesting a reproducible bug, use case and fix".

If that's not what you're saying then (in this very long and emotional
thread) please summarize what you *are* proposing.

My response to what I think you said is: whatever, it happened that
time (despite having started in the tracker), and it will happen
again, no matter what policies we institute; we need a way to guide
future discussions once they have derailed, not a set of rules to
prevent it from happening (because if everyone behaved rationally we
would never have such derailments).