[Overload-sig] Issue tracker vs. real-time chat

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:51:52 EDT 2016

As I've aged, I've grown curmudgeonly, so keep that in mind.

Barry> I don't think any one forum is going to serve all our needs....

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you use the word "forum". I hope
it's not stuff like VBulletin or IB forum software. Those have a purpose,
but as an alternative to email (or websites when preserving state is
desired), they are definitely a step backward. (Not to mention that forum
moderators can sometimes get a bit too dictatorial for my taste.) I trust
this august group is up on more modern software tools which advance the
state of the forum art. Pointers appreciated.

Skip Montanaro