[omaha] Next meeting in April

Naomi See naomi.see at seenaomi.net
Fri Mar 23 13:14:10 EDT 2018

Hey folks Happy Friday!

I have been brainstorming behind the scenes for a bit here.

Although I want the meetings to be primarily project based I thought the
first regroup will be more of a feel everyone out meeting.

I'm pending an individual confirmation that I asked to come in who is
learning Python as they build their current passion project. Depending on
which date works best for him our next meeting will be either Wednesday
4/11 or Thursday 4/19 @ DoSpace @ 5:45-7pm.

As soon as I get confirmation I will provide the definite date.

I am working on getting sponsorship for food. DoSpace has recently changed
their policies and from April going forward food is allowed but only from
currently 3 locations (pizza being one of them). So if I can't find a food
sponsor that can provide Jimmy Johns then we might need to stick with
everyone feeding themselves before hand or change venues. There are
currently several venue options including my current employer who isn't
terribly far from DoSpace.

I know you aren't a terribly needy bunch but food brings programmers to the
yard and that also brings up the next point in which I note that I'm
creating a meetup account and twitter account for us this weekend. In hopes
this will help broaden our reach.

This weekend is all about this group and I'll keep you in the loop of all
progress. :)

Thank you!

Naomi-