[omaha] Eclipse Traffic and Meeting update

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 11:49:10 EDT 2017

On Saturday, August 19, 2017, Steve Young via Omaha <omaha at python.org>
wrote:

> FYI in case you are planning to travel to see the eclipse:
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4804526/Photos-
> eclipse-totality-path-traffic-roads.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_August_21,_2017

astropy.coordinates, astropy.time:

http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/coordinates/solarsystem.html

http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/time/

"An example of using Astropy to plan your Great American Eclipse timing"
https://gist.github.com/eteq/f879c2fe69d75d1c5a9e007b0adce30d

I'd be cool to figure out how to plot the path of the eclipse on a map.

> The September meeting will be the beginning of a several month long project
> - building and hosting a django web site.  The 2nd step will be to add a
> store, and possibly other web apps.  This will be a collaborative project
> so everyone can contribute.

https://github.com/omahapython

https://github.com/rosarior/awesome-django#resources

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/#first-steps (how I learned Django)

https://github.com/westurner/djangotestapp/blob/develop/djangotestapp/testapp/tests.py
(how I should've learned Django: tests first! No test coverage, no commit.)

https://github.com/quobit/awesome-python-in-education/