[omaha] Any agreement for meeting topic for next week

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Thu Oct 15 22:40:43 CEST 2015

Well since no one has forwarded a major talk, maybe Lightning Talks.
What is a lightning talk, you ask?

"A *lightning talk* is a very short presentation lasting only a few
> minutes, given at a conference or similar forum. Several *lightning talks* will
> usually be delivered by different speakers in a single session, sometimes
> called a data blitz."

It would be great if we could get 3 or 4 people to commit to giving a
shorter format talk.  They are much easier to prepare, you don't have to be
an expert in the subject, just passionate.  The goal of a successful
lightning talk is to generate interest in the subject matter.  We could put
a 10 minute hard time limit on each talk.  Talk about anything even
tangentially associated with Python.  Do you like Project Euler -- you've
can have 10 minutes to introduce it to others who may not have heard or
know very little about it.  Do you know about a useful library -- 5 to 10
minutes is a great way to let others know about it.

If you haven't given a talk before, you couldn't find a better group and
format for your first.   Sounds like fun right, so who's first?

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Hubert Hickman via Omaha <omaha at python.org>
wrote:

> I've not updated the Tech Omaha calendar as of yet.
>
> HH

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473