[omaha] FeedJack

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Mar 14 17:47:50 CET 2013

On that note, I did remember another tool that is based on Python that
might be worth investigating: Planet Venus (a replacement for Planet
Planet) https://github.com/rubys/venus/ That is what powers
http://planet.ubuntu.com/. It works on the principle of a Python cron job
that generates static HTML.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Mike Hostetler
<mike at squarepegsystems.com>wrote:

> On the demise of Google Reader, I decided to see if there was a
> Python-based Feed Reader that I could bring up. And I did find something --
> FeedJack. It hasn't been updated since 2008. :(
>
> I got it at least working (there has been a few deprecated Django features
> it was using) and now it at least runs.  I put my work on github if someone
> else wants to help me finish this off.
>
> https://github.com/squarepegsys/feedjack
>

> --
> Mike Hostetler